Olimp Sport Nutrition Platinum Ginseng 550 Sport Edition 60 CapsRegular price £6.49
What is Olimp Sport Nutrition Platinum Ginseng
Ginseng (genus Panax) is a herbal dietary supplement of Chinese medicine, which is probably most often used by athletes and physically active persons.
Ginseng is used by physically active persons i.a. to improve the function of the cardiovascular system, increase aerobic and anaerobic efficiency as well as improve mental capability.
Scientific research shows that ginseng may be successfully used by both athletes and physically active persons. It is deemed by many scientists as an ergogenic substance, that is a substance which after administration contributes to the improvement of sports results.
An additional advantage of ginseng is its supportive action in erectile dysfunctions. Do not forget about the well-known properties of ginseng, that is about improvement of concentration, coordination, vigilance and maintenance of proper vitality. Physically active persons will certainly benefit from the pleiotropic effect of ginseng.
Bioactive ingredients of platinum Ginseng Sport edition
Active and inactive chemical ingredients obtained from the genus Panax ginseng may be divided into four main categories: saponins, polyacetylenes, saccharides as well as phenolic compounds and essential oils.
- Triterpene saponins are the main biologically active compounds of ginseng, called ginsenosides or panaxosides. From the chemical perspective, ginsenosides are glycosidic compounds comprised of aglycone (non-sugar parts) and sugar parts. It is estimated that the content of ginsenosides in Panax ginseng is below 10%. What is interesting, the leaves and stems of American ginseng (Latin: Panax quinquefolium) may contain more active compounds that its roots - 15.72% vs. 3.62%.
- Polyacetylenes are the second most active compounds (after ginsenosides) in Panax ginseng. They originate from fatty acids and they are most often syntheses from oleic acid and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Specialist literature provides information about their anti-infectious, anaesthetising, anti-aggregation and fibrinolytic effect.
- Saccharides are another type of compounds present in the described plant. What I have in mind are monosaccharides, oligosaccharides and polysaccharides. Most of them are accumulated in the root.
- Phenolic compounds are mainly responsible for antioxidative action. The ones most often found in Panax ginseng include: kaempferol, kaempferol-3-O-glucogalactoside and kaempferol-3-O-galactoside.
- Barley extract (Hordeum vulgare L.) improves concentration, enhances physical activity, eliminates tiredness and aversion to physical and psychological effort.
How can it help athletes?
Ginseng and other similar perennials have been used for many years in order to increase vitality and strengthen the body.
Some scientific research suggests that ginseng may increase the production of antibodies, the activity of natural killer cells and contribute to the prevention and therapy of diseases of the respiratory system.
In sports supplementation ginseng is attributed with ergogenic properties, for which the active substances such as ginsenosides and eleutherosides are responsible. It is believed that ginseng may influence the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and reduce the catabolic effect of cortisol. Supplementation with ginseng may improve sports results, allow athletes to train more intensively or reduce muscle injuries and increase endurance during competition. However the most important fact is that the above presumptions have been confirmed with scientific research.