Strom Sports Nutrition MAXimise 120 CapsRegular price £27.95 Sale price £25.16 Save £2.79
What is Strom Sports Nutrition MAXimise?
MAXimise was designed to help you get the very best from all your supplements. It contains ingredients that can enhance the absorption of your supplements and really help maximise their potential.
What is in Strom's absorption enhancer?
Ginger has been shown in studies to enhance absorption of compounds from 30-200% and is known as part of a collective “Trikatu” in ayurvedic medicine which is used together to increase the effectiveness of other medications. Ginger as a side benefit is also incredibly anti-inflammatory.
AstraGin® (Panax Notoginseng (Root) and Rosa Roxburghii (Fruiting Body)
AstraGin™ increases the number of compounds that the human body is able to absorb at any one time. It aids the body in increasing the number of special molecules responsible for absorption.
Studies show that performance-related ingredients including amino acids, vitamins and proteins are enhanced for an increased rate of uptake. In particular, the absorption of the amino acids, Arginine, Lysine, Citrulline and Histidine have all displayed an improvement in the presence of AstraGin by up to 43%, whilst also showing to aid in the repair of intestinal walls, where absorption of nutrients takes place.
AstraGin™ has also been shown to improve the production of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) by 18%, increase insulin sensitivity by 38% and glucose absorption by 57%.
Piperine (Black Pepper Extract)
Much like the aforementioned Ginger, Piperine is a bioavailability enhancing extract bore from the fruit of Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum). Like above it works well with Ginger and has been shown to greatly improve the bioavailability of ingredients greatly. Furthermore it’s synergy with Ginger make this product an absolute absorption powerhouse.
What are the main benefits of MAXimise?
- Trademarked ingredients
- Excellent for stacking with most other supplements
- Increases the absorption of your other sports supplements
The Science Behind MAXimise
- Comprised of a highly purified and fractionated complex of Panax notoginseng and Astragalus membranaceus produced via pharmaceutical extraction and processing.
- Shown in 16 in-vitro and eight in-vivo studies to increase bioavailability and absorption of several key nutrients, including fish oil (100% increase), L-Citrulline (45% increase), and Curcumin (92% increase).
- AstraGin improves nutrient absorption by up-regulating mRNA and transporters, such as SGLT1, CAT1, and GLUT4. These transporters regulate the amount of amino acids, vitamins, and other nutrients that enter into the intestinal cells. This is important as any nutrients that do not enter these cells will be excreted.
- AstraGin has been documented in studies to improve the uptake of numerous amino acids, including arginine (67% increase), creatine (33% increase), and leucine (58% increase). This is especially noteworthy as muscle protein synthesis is directly impacted by the availability of leucine (the anabolic "trigger" for muscle growth).
- AstraGin may also support better muscle recovery and growth following training as studies on ginsenosides (one of the active components in AstraGin) note that it activates the mTOR signal pathway by regulating upstream kinases in muscle cells.
- Astragalosides, another active component in AstraGin®, affects mTOR via its regulation on insulin levels.
- In vivo studies also indicate that AstraGin has a beneficial impact on gut health due to its ability to reduce inflammation in the intestinal wall by 73%.
- Animal studies note that AstraGin may help repair ulcerated and damaged intestinal walls in colitis-induced subjects.
- Lastly, AstraGin may help suppress appetite as up-regulates tryptophan absorption by 53%. Tryptophan is an amino acid used to produce serotonin, a neurotransmitter that acts as an appetite-reducing (anorexigenic) signal in the brain.
- May also support healthy gut flora population.
- Black pepper is one of the most widely used spices in the world.
- BioPerine is a standardized extract from the fruit of Piper nigrum L (black pepper) containing 95% piperine.
- BioPerine enhances nutrient bioavailability by inhibiting enzymes that metabolize nutrients (such as CYP3A4) as well as proteins that contribute to first-pass elimination of drugs (such as P-glycoprotein).
- Piperine (the active component of BioPerine) has also been noted to stimulate amino acid transporters, facilitating greater uptake of amino acids into the bloodstream.
- Lastly, piperine inhibits the cell pump responsible for drug elimination from cells.
- Piperine has documented to enhance the bioavailability of several of the most frequently used daily health supplements including curcumin (2000% increase), resveratrol (229% increase), and CoQ10 (30% increase).
|Typical Values||Per 1 Cap|
|Black Pepper Extract||10mg|
Manufactured in the U.K. for Strom Sports in an ISO 9001 approved facility. Unit 7E Centurion Trade Park, Kendal Road, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 4EH
As with all supplementation, please consult your physician prior to use (especially if you have a medical health condition). Not recommended for anyone under the age of 18. Do not take this product is pregnant or breastfeeding. If you are taking any medication consult your doctor before taking this product. Do not exceed the suggested use. Keep out of reach of children. Keep in a cool dry place. This product is not intended to cure or prevent any disease or illness. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet
For allergens see ingredients in bold. No common allergens have been added however this product is manufactured in a facility that processes wheat, egg, soya, tree nuts, peanuts and crustaceans