IDrive is Applied’s glucose disposal agent (GDA) product. GDAs have recently attracted a lot of popularity in bodybuilding circles, and rightly so. Although these supplements might seem pretty complex at first, they really do what they say on the tin: assist the body in the uptake and utilisation of carbohydrates and other nutrients. This is particularly valuable in individuals consuming extremely high calorie and carbohydrate diets who may begin to lose insulin sensitivity over time, a risk factor for pre-diabetes. Insulin is also responsible for moving carbohydrates into fat cells, a GDA can help the body store glucose as muscle glycogen, to manage body composition.
The key ingredient here is berberine, along with two proprietary blends of complementary ingredients, including cinnamon extract, banaba leaf. Bioperine, or black pepper extract, is included to increase the bioavailability of all of the above, to ensure you get as much as possible out of the supplement.
- Berberine has been studied extensively in type 2 diabetes patients, with results comparable to metformin.
- Chromium seems to cause a mild reduction in fasting blood glucose.
- Banaba Leaf can inhibit uptake of carbohydrates and aid in their deposition into cells from the bloodstream, thereby reducing blood sugar.
- Cinnamon Extract reduces the rate at which glucose enters the body, preventing spikes in blood sugar.
Who Is It For?
Anyone consuming a high carb diet!
Halal certified and tested for natural athletes.
How To Take It:
A GDA can be taken at almost any time that a single meal containing a large number of carbohydrates is consumed (minimum 50-80g) to improve insulin control and stabilise blood sugar levels. We would suggest not taking it with post-workout however as your body is already in the best position to utilise a high carb meal.
We can manipulate the effects of the supplement pre-workout to increase muscle glycogen levels, improving performance in both endurance and resistance athletes. Bodybuilders will also experience more impressive pumps as a result.
- Pre-workout: IDrive, followed 20 minutes later by a high carb meal
- Intra-workout: Carbs plus amino acids
- Post-workout: highest carb meal of the day
In offseason, where carbs can be distributed more evenly across meals, taken IDrive can be taken 20 minutes before those meals (excluding post w/o). IDrive could also be taken with cheat meals.
1 serving = 2 caps
Intra-workout: Cyclic Dextrin